What a weekend!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Whoa have I been busy! A super full on weekend here at Cupkates.

Firstly I did an order for Keira, who had found me on facebook. Her and her fiancée where having a lovely weekend away and wanted some cuppies to enjoy. She asked for some red hearts on top and me being my usual self couldn't help but pretty them up with their initials and some gold dust. This is the email I received from Keira yesterday, it's so awesome getting feedback.

Morning Kate,

Just wanted to thank you once again for the cupkates -they went down a treat - they looked gorgeous and tasted even better! Will definitely recommend you to all my friends in Cairns!

Keira


Then I had the cutie pie Mr Darcy's christening! Choc mint and cookie monster flavours.



Next onto Susen's 60's 60th birthday!

I totally loved making these groovy bright cupcakes. They looked awesome all together!




Sunday was my beautiful nephew Declan's christening. Darcy and Declan's mummy's wanted the same look to their christening cupcakes but Declan was very lucky because his Aunty Kate made a special teddy bear topper with baby blocks.


The flavours where vanilla on vanilla, choc mint and cookie monster
.


And the very last order of the day was some jungle cuppies for a baby shower.


I am totally smitten with these toppers, I was sad to see them go. Mr Giraffe was definitely my favourite.


Phew it was a big one and I was definitely exhausted afterwards but I had an awesome time and so happy at how popular my business is becoming and all through word of mouth.

Oh I almost forgot my Tuesday tip: EAT DESSERT FIRST!

Happy caking,


4 comments:

Lib said...

Oh Kate they look awesome! Well done!

Amy said...

Wow Kate! Amazing stuff! Don't know where you find the time :)
xoxo

Kate21 said...

Thanks girls!

probably when I should be sleeping Amy! but when it's something you love you make time, like you for your horses. :o)

Anonymous said...

Wowsers! These are all gorgeous - you are great with fondant! Good work :)