On the first day of Christmas Cupkates gave to me: Aunty Nita’s Biscuit Recipe!

Saturday, December 3, 2011




OK so many of you may have heard of these before or make them yourself and have your own name for them but for me this recipe was given to me by my Aunty Nita, hence the name!

This recipe is cheap, easy and makes a huge quantity so it’s fantastic for Christmas gifts! I have been making these for 15 years and started giving them as gifts at highschool, and have done for my friends and family for the last 15 Christmas’s. I would hate to think what might happen if one year I didn’t, particularly where my husband’s family is concerned especially my nephews!

I always wrap them in pretty bags with ribbon. I like to use Jaffa’s, Freckles, Caramel buds and Christmas M&M’s but you can add almost anything you like. Choc chips, nuts, jam on top for jam drops, crushed up maltesers, smarties, any of your favourite lollies!

Ingredients

500g butter
8 tablespoons of sugar
1 tin of condensed milk

5 cups self-raising flour (possibly more if the mixture is too wet)
Lollies of choice

Method

1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees, line baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar.
3. Add condensed milk and beat well.

4. Add self-raising flour. Mix well using a wooden spoon.
5. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on trays, pop your lollies on top. If doing M&M’s flatten slightly before adding. If adding choc chips mix into batter before rolling in balls and flatten with a fork.

6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Place on cake racks after cooling slightly.
7. Package up your beautiful handmade gifts, people will be begging for them every Christmas!

0 comments: