On the second day of Christmas Cupkates gave to me: Baileys Rocky Road Recipe!

Sunday, December 4, 2011


Ok so I admit this isn't MY recipe, but golly gosh it's good! I made this one St Patrick's day (because of the bailey's) and it has been a favourite of mine ever since. I usually do a double batch as it lasts really well and makes fantastic gifts. This one is definitely on my Christmas baking list this year!


Ingredients
  • 50ml Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
  • 200g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
  • 20g unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup (100g) sweetened condensed milk
  • 50g chopped unsalted pistachio kernels
  • 75g roughly crushed shortbread biscuits
  • 200g mini marshmallows (or regular marshmallows, chopped)
  • 150g white chocolate, roughly chopped

Method
  1. Grease an 8cm x 20cm bar pan. Line with baking paper, leaving some overhanging.

  2. Place Baileys, dark chocolate, butter and milk in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Allow to melt, then stir gently until smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in nuts, biscuit, marshmallow and 100g white chocolate. Spread mixture into pan, then chill for 2-3 hours until firm.

  3. Melt remaining 50g white chocolate as before. Drizzle over fudge, leave for 3-4 minutes to set, then cut into squares. The fudge will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.


Original recipe from www.taste.com.au

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh I think its bad that I just saw this post Kate! So going to have to try this.

I'll have to get the recipe that my friend uses - has marshmallows, nuts and chopped Allen's snakes! Sooooo yummy!

Kate21 said...

Mmmmm yum! Yes when I don't make the fudge type I like to use raspberry lollies! Mum uses clinkers in hers..
.yummy!